Friday, June 22, 2012

Green Color Shift Labradorite Ring: Day 22 of 30 Days of Creativity

Today for day 22 I made a green labradorite ring. I bought three of these stunning gemstones, about three years ago when they were flying off the JTV shelves. They were supposed to be natural, but in fact they have been treated. The fun thing about the green labrodorite stones, is that some are color shifting and some are color change. Color shift is the stone only partially turns another color and color change, I believe it has to be at least 40% of the stone changes to another color. This one is a color shift and you will see it shift in spots from the green to red, depending on lighting. This is a beauty of a stone, and collector stone as well. I set it in a size 7, filigree style sterling silver ring. This is a nice light ring, won't feel heavy on the finger. I can wear it on my pointer finger, and it looks pretty awesome that way. This will be in my Etsy store soon, so watch for it. I have already sold one of these babies, and I am keeping one for myself. Phenomenon gemstones is one of my most favorite type of stones to collect.

1 comment:

Jewelry Stores in Tampa said...

I love the designs of the rings.These rings are very much pretty.It took me 1 hour because I was admiring them.

Contact Email