Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 10: Wooden Cuff Bracelet With Peacock Feather

Day 10 of 30 Days of Creativity Challenge, is another wooden cuff. If you have been following along, then you know I made some wooden cuffs with popsicle sticks, and then had to wait for them to dry to decorate them. This one is the small version, and fits me perfectly. This particular one, I made six at a time in the process, was the first one I attempted to bend. It cracked because it had not been in the water long enough. So, this one I will keep. I painted it black, two coats using acrylic paints. After it dried, I made my first attempt at a peacock feather. I love peacock feathers! As you can see it is very hard to get the whole feather onto such a small space. I still think it is unique and pretty, and will wear it. These little cuffs are extremely comfortable to wear. I have one listed in my Etsy store, that was done the other day, with zebra stripes. So be sure to check it if you want it. I still have four more cuffs to decide what to paint on them, and they will come in future challenge days.

2 comments:

UniqueNique said...

Well done it looks cool

Melissa said...

I would have liked it to be a little more defined, but I need to practice on a bigger platform.

Contact Email