Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 19 Sunset With Palm Tree Silhouette

Every time I paint something, no matter what it is, I learn something new. One thing I learned, is that I have no concept of proportions. I kind of already knew that, but I wonder how to learn such a thing. My sun is way too big, for what I actually wanted to paint on this picture. Two, I love my fan brush for clouds and painting on the glass cabochons. It does not leave streaks and makes nice clouds. However, this is the second time I have tried using it for palm tree leaves, and forget it, it just does not come out right. A thin, but not too thin, script liner works much better. The third thing I have learned, is that there is probably no way I can replicate any of my pieces exactly again. I guess that is why artists make prints of their paintings. So far, all my painted pieces are one of a kind. I do love how I got the orange to look like it is shining through the leaves of the palm tree.  Oh, and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to leave one whole branch off.  I wanted to get the whole sun, or most of it.  Now I am not sure that was a good idea.My dolphin is a bit fat, and could actually be a whale, lol! Caitlin joined in today, and painted a rendition of her beanie bear at Dolphin Springs. In a couple of weeks, this one will be listed in my Etsy store, with all my other unique paintings.   The blue grapes, yes I know grapes are not blue, is on a practice plate, that I keep for reference.  If you follow this blog, then you know the last time I made grapes they looked like a cluster of grapes in the shape of a pear.  Since I was waiting for Caitlin to finish, I decided to practice grapes.  These are much better, just the wrong color.

4 comments:

betchai said...

all your paintings look great, wish i can attend your class.

Melissa said...

It would be awesome if we didn't live on the complete other side of the country as each other. I would love to paint and have coffee or tea with you.

Palm tree wall decor said...

This is so cute and adorable. Gotta love this!

UniqueNique said...

Painting or any art really should come from the heart and yours does so proportion is truly secondary - I think it looks great and I too would love to have tea and do art with you - you and your family seem to have such fun doing it.

Contact Email