Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 11 of 30 Days of Creativity: In Daddy's Hands Painting

Today is day 11 of the 30 Days of Creativity Challenge, and I decided to paint something in honor of Father's Day. Since I am a huge fan of silhouette paintings I decided to paint a Daddy with his little girl at dusk by the water. He is safely lifting her into the air while standing at the water's edge, on some rocks. You can hear her shreek with delight. I really love this painting. It is truly one of a kind, as I only painted one. This will be available in my Etsy store by tomorrow morning. I can paint more of these if needed. So message me if you are interested in one. One thing I have learned, as I continue to paint, is that you learn as you go. Like I think the water could have been darker to look more like dusk. But, I will remember that for the next time.  Be sure to check out my Etsy store for all my wonderful paintings, jewelry, and cross stitch housewares.

2 comments:

UniqueNique said...

Congrats it is a lovely silhouette piece - safe in daddy's hands ;~D

betchai said...

oh, this is such a beautiful painting, Melissa.

Contact Email