Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 3 of 30 Days of Creativity: USA theme Painted Mailbox

OK, I did exactly what I said I was not going to do, LOL! I said we were not going to paint the mailbox today, because we were going somewhere in the morning. Obviously those plans fell through, and the mailbox got painted this morning. It is a flag, obviously. There are indeed fifty stars, for each state. Our name is on the front, Caitlin painted the sun on the back, and the both of us made the stripes. Painting stripes in a perfectly straight line, for an eight year old proved to be not so easy, lol! I love it! Now starting tomorrow, I think I will start on some of the pieces I want to create to sell. Have a happy Sunday, everyone. Oh, the last picture is the other tire, we did a few months ago, showing the flowers on our cucumber plants. Yum, cucumbers!

4 comments:

betchai said...

i really love your project, especially after seeing where it was before and how they look now. lovely.

Melissa said...

Thank you, Betchai! We had a ball doing this particular project.

UniqueNique said...

Excellent ;~D

Melissa said...

Thank you, Nique

Contact Email